Monday, March 21, 2011

Relearning Can be Difficult

You know that saying "It's like riding a bike" when people refer to relearning something they thought they had forgotten?  Well, sometimes relearning can be difficult, just like sometimes riding a bike after not doing so for years can be difficult.  What do I mean?  Well...

I'm trying to relearn how to draw anime.  I love anime, I think it's just beautiful.  I used to draw and doodle anime characters so much that I actually got pretty good at it and even developed what I thought to be my own signature style.  See, the style usually comes through through the eyes of a character and I had created my own style of eyes that I was so proud of.  Well, after having kids I found less and less time to draw until for a few years I had absolutely no time at all.  Now, since they are both more independent and don't want to hang on Momm'ys every word, I have some time now and would love to be able to be good enough to sell, but...

I'm getting better, I can say that much.  I've been doodling pictures of my friends and that's helped quite a bit for me.  I'm hoping I can good enough to be sellable, though.  I'm also planning on trying to create anime style fairy paintings in the future, but I also have to get acquainted with painting.

So many thing I do in my shop come from straight from the learning process, and so as time goes on, I know things will start to look even better than they do now, because as I'm doing things, I'm learning from them and thus improving on them.  I just wish the improvement happened a little quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment